Thursday, March 26, 2015

What was SAID should never have been SAID. The Petty Pettit Apology

This was Levi Pettit's essential message: What was said should never have been said.
.
Gee I wonder who said what?

Was that supposed to be an apology?

From who? To who?
.
.
And ALL WERE TALKING ABOUT HERE are WORDS. It's just WORDS that...um....should never have been said, ever.
.
.
What difference does it make where I learned the chant?

What difference does it make that I repeated the chant?

What difference does it make that I didn't know that the content of that chant should have been disgusting to me by the time I was 7 or 8 years old....if not earlier?
.
.
And let's just pretend we DO NOT SEE those _____ standing behind this responsibility ducking little cretin, cosigning this crap. How could any black person over the age of 25, with half an ounce of common sense allow themselves to be used for this kind of optic while he essentially says,
.
Um....What was said in that chant should never have been said, should never be said by anybody ever. Even if its true? You just aren't allowed to SAY it. I know that now after meeting with these black men. I've never been around so many at once. Aren't I BRAVE? I've learned you DO NOT SAY IT - the n-word. I can't get it unSAID. So I'm gonna SAY that it shouldn't ever be SAID.
.
And now that I've apologized for the misuse of WORDS, my frat should be allowed to carry on the same traditions they always have....
.
...except for those WORDS we won't be using anymore. But keep in mind that I never, ever SAID that I learned and practiced that chant there in the frat, practiced it so often I could repeat that chant it drunk.


Honestly? I don't know if I'd know what to do with a genuine, non-PR-firm apology from someone who is 19 or 20 in regards to something he should have understood at 7 or 8, if not sooner. We're not just talking about the n-word. We're talking placement and use too.
----------

Watch this future politician bounce on his toes while he delivers this "apology" on MSNBC. If you were watch the film clip of this crisis-management-apology for the first time with the sound off you'd think he was apologizing for his African American run company's stock price dropping last quarter.


See it for yourself at MSNBC  http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/former-sae-fraternity-member-apologizes-racist-chant?cid=sm_fb_msnbc_native


No comments:

Post a Comment