Tuesday, December 1, 2015

REPUBLICANS COME RIGHT ON OUT AND USE THE F-WORD

Believe it or not the F-word is not being used on President Obama for a change

The F-word in question is "Fascist"


Apparently, the republicans are pulling out the stops now that Trump called for the Hitler like registration of Muslims. Members of Trumps own party have started calling him a "fascist" in the strong terms.

I find it hard to believe that mainstream republicans are actually against the idea of Muslim registration, given what they've attempted to do before --- voter registration, disenfranchisement of critical sections of the population, control women's reproductive rights, etc. And Trump's ratings go up with the republican voters with every racist statement he makes.

If Trump had said something milder than "registration," something not so very parallel to Hitler's initial approach to population control but still proposes to keep track of where and how the latest "those people" group is moving, I think the other republican presidential candidates might not have said much.

The traditional republicans know what Donald doesn't know about or care about: White supremacy statements can win when they are communicated in dog whistles but not shouts. Even racists don't want to be identified as racists. Racism is very socially unpopular. Even KKK member will get on television, identify themselves as KKK members and then say they are not racist.

I think Donald Trump would like to be President. But I don't think that's the goal. I think the goal is to see himself on television and get important people to respond to what he says.

When Trump finally leaves the field it won't surprise me if the traditional republicans trot out something that gets the same thing accomplished, Muslim registration, but sounds better to their anti-to-anything-not-white base.

Some people think there's a chance Trump will be the candidate since he's still around when he shouldn't be. The traditional republicans know there isn't a snowball's chance in h*ll Trump can win so something's got to happen. If the traditional republicans decide they aren't going to back a bus over Trump, they better let the Tea Party have Donald, but choose an alternate candidate and get behind him.

It's not that I want the republicans to be stronger. But having Donald Trump get one step from the White House terrifies me. What if we're all wrong? What if there's a silent white, extremely racist majority that votes him into office?

I feel like a some kind of a conspiracy theorist.  But that soul-deep, ugly son-of-a-b*tch cannot become president. I want to see Jeb Bush lose to Hillary Clinton, not Trump. Deep in my bones, I know we might wind up surprised if the final presidential battle is Clinton v Trump. Voters in the United States are a lot more sexist than they are given credit for.

Hillary Clinton assuming her whiteness was enough to get her the nomination is one of the reasons President Obama is president right now.  I'm glad it worked out this way. I didn't think I'd see a black president in my lifetime. But I still know Hillary Clinton being female is at least part of what did her in.  






  



No comments:

Post a Comment