Thursday, April 14, 2016

WHY I QUIT MY JOB AND OPENED A YOGA STUDIO IN ATLANTA

"You can’t confuse what you do for a living and what you do for money. You have to figure out how to sustain yourself. I realized that my PhD was no longer directly tied to my purpose and that I no longer had to find a job of that magnitude to feel okay.”
Feeling Rebloggy

"For many, there comes a point in your life where you have to make the important decision of defining your passion and following it. Regardless of how much training, education or background you have to support whatever this may be, for some, it’s simply creative freedom to do whatever it is you want to do when you want to do it. A recent survey from Deloitte discovered that two-thirds of millennials express a desire to leave their organization by 2020. Enter 29-year old Dr. Rhea Perkins. In September 2014, her life would change for the better, or so she thought. Just months away from completing her dissertation, she decided to quit her job with no back-up plan. She was forced with a decision to choose happiness over complacency. It’s a very common predicament that post-graduation leaves many millennials feeling while in the pursuit of happiness. But Rhea Perkins wasn’t your typical student. She was just shy of completing her Doctorate in Educational Leadership and Research from LSU. “I completed the degree because initially I wanted to have a high ranking position at a university. At one point, I wanted to be president…so I knew I needed the degree.”


Just two chapters shy of completing her dissertation, she accepted a job in Atlanta. The job provided free housing, unknowingly in exchange for her sanity....


by Mike Orie of www.theconscioustip.com
~via Curly Nikki

Read More
http://www.curlynikki.com/2016/03/why-i-quit-my-job-and-opened-yoga.html

No comments:

Post a Comment