Monday, October 10, 2016

AWKWARD BLACK GIRL'S ISSA RAE becomes INSECURE and PREMIERES ON HBO


Do you know Issa Rae?




She created and starred in The Misadventures Of Awkward Black Girl on Youtube. This was my first web series. When I saw the title, I thought to myself "THAT'S ME!" A lot of black women who saw her show thought the same thing.  I posted links to her show everywhere I could. I told everybody I could. A lot of black people did. 

Once Misadventures Of Awkward Black Girl got 20 million view, HBO sat up and took notice.  


CBS Interview with Gayle King: Awkward Black Girl gives a truer representation of black female life


Her show premiered on Sunday October 9 2016. I hearing it's a bonafide hit already

Here is an interview she did on The View. She tells us a little bit about not fitting in while she was growing, being a dark black-skinned girl, and how she draws her stories from her life to the tune of 75% 





On the black women music that's gonna star on the series with her. Solange is helping her find musicians



CHECK HER SHOW OUT ON HBO ON SUNDAYS

No comments:

Post a Comment