Wednesday, November 9, 2016

BEING WOKE SHOULDN'T MEAN YOUR SPIRIT'S BROKE



The unthinkable has happened.


The bullsh** has already begun

And I'm actually afraid of what will happen by...oh say...mid 2018 judging by Ronald Reagan's antics and the resulting white mob violence in the 1980s.


Black Lives Matter is going to have to pivot toward more activism and more self-protectiveness at the same time. 

But in the meantime, let's take care of ourselves while we absorb the shock.  The list of five things to do to take care of yourself at the link below is a little better than eat, sleep, pray...



From Everyday Feminism

5 Self Care Tips for Activists — ‘Cause Being Woke Shouldn’t Mean Your Spirit’s Broke



http://everydayfeminism.com/2016/04/self-care-for-woke-folks/



ME?

I think I'm gonna watch movies at home change my hair today -- if it's recovered from last weekend's protein conditioner. You should  do something similar.

I mean it.  Just give this whole damn mess a break.

I think I'm gonna go see "Almost Christmas" over the weekend.  Actually I might find myself a way to see nothing but black and brown folks on little screens and big screens throughout the three day weekend.



Then, I'm gonna get my woke @$$ back up on my horse and keep riding for the finish line because there isn't another choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment