Sunday, February 26, 2017

Jordan Peele Movie GET OUT Based On One Of The Oldest Black Jokes On Earth

I haven't seen it yet. But if GET OUT is a horror movie about a black guy that is afraid he's gonna get chopped into little pieces and disappear after going to his white girlfriend's childhood home to be introduced to her parents, then this is a movie based on very black joke


And if there's a black joke older than this one, I can't think of it right now.

Whatever the exact story line is, Peele is about to become a hot property. This movie has received that rare 100% rating on RottenTomatoes.com And it's already set to take in 30.5 million during its debut weekend.
This movie has generated a few favorite petty moments for me!
I keep reading about how some white people are crying about how racist the movie is. They think the movie is racist because they cannot wrap their heads around what black and brown people have been saying to them for years now,

"WE ARE NOT AFRAID OF THE TALIBAN OR ISIS. 
WE ARE AFRAID OF YOU! 

WE HAVE MULTIPLE DECADES 

WORTH OF RECEIPTS, 
SOME OF THEM GENERATED 

AS RECENTLY AS YESTERDAY"  

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-results-get-unseats-lego-batman-stellar-305m-debut-980167

I don't know if I'm gonna see it. I'm a big chicken. I don't really do horror. But I think you should. 

I am assuming the black guy featured in all the previews does not die saving somebody white. I am assuming the black guy doesn't die in the first ten minutes of the movie, never to be seen again. So GET OUT
 may be...like....one of the first blockbuster horror movies where the black main character is...like...the hero of the story that...like...survives?


The Preview


BlackChickedRocked.Blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment