Thursday, February 23, 2017

OFF DUTY OFFICER SHOOTS A GUN WHEN UNARMED 13 YEAR OLD CHILDREN WALK ON HIS PROPERTY

TUESDAY'S GUN SHOT
"[A] confrontation began over what Anaheim police described as “ongoing issues” with the juveniles walking across the officer’s property....

Two videos, taken by witnesses and posted online, appear to show the officer grab a 13-year-old boy on a lawn. A group of young people, most wearing backpacks, stood nearby.
In one video, the boy says the encounter began when the officer cursed at a girl who walked across his yard, then grabbed the boy after [the boy] protested his language"
Read More 
 http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-lapd-anaheim-20170221-story.html

In the video it appears the officer grabbed hold of a 13 year old and would not let the 13 year boy go. He looked like he was taking him somewhere (kidnapping?) Then he started dragging this boy across the top of a hedge. Some have suggested he was dragging him into his own yard. 


When this off-duty officer is surrounded by kids shouting him to let the young boy go, he pulls his gun and fires it. 

At some point in the middle of the physical confrontation (cop grabbing dragging boy-- boy trying to pull himself loose) the cop accuses the boy of threatening to shoot him.  You can hear the boy instantly, vehemently denying that he said any such thing. 

It seemed perfectly obvious to me that the cop was lying for the purpose of the video. But I could be biased. I, like most black folks know, that cops know this song by heart: "I was in fear for my life."
(See for  yourself.)




My friends and I would have done the same thing if some grown ass man was assaulting one of us. We'd have tried to get him to turn our friend loose.   

We'd have run when the gun came out.

I didn't see those children do one thing that was unreasonable. 
WEDNESDAY'S PROTESTS

The cop's home is surrounded by 300 protesters.  I think they broke some of his window's out.  If he winds up being arrested and charged, that may be the point at which I'll think his window's shouldn't have been broken out. 


If he's not arrested soon, I hope there's a new crowd around his house every damn night until he has to move. 

same article
 http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-lapd-anaheim-20170221-story.html


The cops that are investigating themselves are trying to make the Ray Rice argument - "You didn't see what happened before the video." 

No comments:

Post a Comment