Friday, May 5, 2017

JUST DO IT: WATCH THE DARK TOWER PREVIEW AGAIN



IDRIS ELBA IS THE GUNSLINGER



AND HE IS  COMING 



TO


SCREEN 

NEAR
YOU


AUGUST 2017

My inner sci-fi geek is writhing on the floor in ecstasy. I'm wondering know how the film is going to live up to this preview.





This movie wax created out of Stephen King's DARK TOWER books. And it looks like this Stephen King book finally got an adequate budget.

FINALLY


More importantly, I think THE DARK TOWER will make movie history when it comes out.

Elba is in the hero role of The Gunslinger and he be opposite Matthew McConaughey as the bad guy. So, I am almost certain this is the biggest sci-fi role a black actor has ever landed.


The biggest black star in a sci-fi flick that I can think of is Laurence Fishburne in THE MATRIX SERIES. But he was part of an ensemble cast, not THE lead like Elba is in this movie.


Will Smith has been part of ensemble casts that were hits too, like INDEPENDENCE DAY. That movie he did with his son, AFTER EARTH, tanked so we won't talk about that. He was in MEN IN BLACK but he shared the lead there too. He was part of a duo.


I'm one of the precious few who ever saw THE BROTHER FROM ANOTHER PLANET with Olivia Pope's dad, actor Joe Morton back in the day. He was THE lead as I recall. But I'd call that a low budget, independent movie.


THE BLACK PANTHER may top this movie for sci-fi blackness but that's not due out until 2018.

For now, I think we can call Idris Elba the top dog as far as black sci-fi leads go.
https://theurbandaily.cassiuslife.com/2831756/black-sci-fi-movie-characters/

Idris Elba, Stephen King, Matthew McConaughey



BLACKCHICKROCKED.BLOGSPOT.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment