Friday, July 28, 2017

STAR TREK DISCOVERY WILL NOT BE ON CBS BUT ON CBS ALL ACCESS

..which you have to pay for separately. "CBS ALL ACCESS" is a streaming service that CBS is launching....which I hope crashes and burns because I'm a cable cutter. I wanted to see this first STAR TREK to have a black female captain on regular CBS via my antennae. 

The series will star Sonequa Martin-Green who's character SASHA died last season in THE WALKING DEAD

A small consolation prize - The first episode will air on regular CBS on Sunday September 24 2017. This Star Trek Series will begin 10 years before Captain Kirk's voyages began in the original series.


Article Below From 2016 (New premiere date September 24 2017)
"CBS and Netflix announced today that the streaming service will make the series available within 24 hours of its airing on CBS All Access in 188 countries around the world, including the U.K. 
The catch, though, is that CBS All Access is still the only way for Americans to see the new series; there will be no Netflix airing of the show here or in Canada. 
The only reprieve we get is with the premiere episode, which will also air on the regular CBS network, while Canadians will get the opportunity to watch the series on the Space and Z cable networks, with CraveTV having the exclusive streaming rights.
Well, that's great for the rest of the world, but kind of a bummer for anyone in the U.S. or Canada who wants to see Star Trek: Discovery but isn't interested in signing up for CBS All Access. Discovery is being used to try and launch the subscription service as a streaming platform along the likes of Netflix or Amazon, with original content, current and old episodes of all CBS shows and local affiliate content for $5.99 a month."
~CINEMABLEND.COM

Read More:
http://www.cinemablend.com/television/1539370/where-star-trek-discovery-will-air



CBS creating "CBS ALL ACCESS" isn't nearly the same thing as HBO having a streaming service
HBO was not available to people without cable



HBO you paid for in addition to your cable service



HBO saw the handwriting on the wall, realized people without cable were hacking GAMES OF THRONES and therefore provided a streaming service for those without cable (Not sure how much that worked, and HBO NOW's service is terrible)


CBS, by comparison, is available digitally for free with a good antennae in a number of markets.  So, I'm trying to figure out who CBS ALL ACCESS is supposed to be for?

If you don't have cable and live in a major city, you already EXPECT new shows to be on regular CBS for free via antennae. Paying separately for more CBS stuff (most of it old) is just ticking people like me off


If you do have cable, you're already paying for CBS once. Now you're supposed to pay again for CBS ALL ACCESS where STAR TREK DISCOVERY will be? 

The way I see it, the only people that might be happy about CBS ALL ACCESS is people out in the middle of Kansas without a television station within 300 miles where they don't have digital signals or much cable -- and were getting everything via the internet.  And how many people could that be?  

May CBS ALL ACCESS will crash and burn without taking STAR TREK DISCOVERY with it. 

If I do wind up paying for STAR TREK DISCOVERY, it'll be all at once after the season is over.  
I'll wait for the season to finish then watch 10 to 20 shows all in one month for 5.99.  If CBS ALL ACCESS is added to SLING TV, I might be able to watch it that way too. 
The only thing that's not happening is me paying $5.99 per month for 12 months. They'll be lucky to get $12 dollars out me total...and I'm going to have to want to watch STAR TREK DISCOVERY really, really bad. And I don't think I want it that bad. 

I have QUEEN SUGAR,  BEING MARY JANE, SCANDAL, HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER, THE WALKING DEAD, GREENLEAF (once it comes on Netflix or Hulu which I never pay for at  the same time) and GAME OF THRONES (though I'm ashamed of being addicted to this show now...for reasons I'll go into later)  

All that Black Woman TV (plus GoT) is enough television per year. But I really, really, really wanted to add a black female led sci-fi show. I wanted that really, really bad in black geek girl soul.

Pssst!  I'm so ticked at Greedy CBS. And I was already made at them for letting those morons at PERSON OF INTEREST let Taraji P Henson go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment