Thursday, January 18, 2018

VIOLA DAVIS: JUMP THE NEXT HURDLE BY ASKING YOURSELF "WHY NOT?"


ON TAKING PROACTIVE STEPS
TO CHANGE YOUR MIND ABOUT YOURSELF

On being hired to be 
ANNALISE KEATING
in Shonda Rhimes' HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER

  Viola Davis said,
I didn't look the way I thought I would look
I had an idea in my head
SEXY DYNAMIC MYSTERIOUS
and I didn't see
SEXY DYNAMIC MYSTERIOUS...
[Then] I said why not?
And I think 
that's where it all begins
IS
That question of 
"Why Not?"

Why can't I be sexy? 
I reject the notion -- in the past-- that dark skinned women cannot be beautiful 
I reject the fact that if I take my wig off and do a whole scene with my fro that somehow that that is taboo 
I reject the fact that i have to be a size 2 
I reject the fact that I have to be likeable, I'd rather be interesting. Nobody asks Robert Deniro in Taxi Driver, or James Gandolfini or Anthony Hopkins, "Were you concerned that you were likable in SILENCE OF THE LAMBS?"
...Somehow you [have to] reject all the things that people told you, you were...
* * * * *

10 of Viola Davis Tips and Clips on Success 

(Keep in mind, you don't have to watch. You can just listen with the video in the background and let the wisdom passively flow into you)





MY OTHER FAVORITE TIP: Have confidence in your decisions.
WE always to feel that decisions are pretty...We always want to believe decisions that decisions easy And sometime's they're a SOPHIE'S CHOICE, ya know. 
And sometimes a person's motives are absolutely pure. But to the outside eye they look very dysfunctional...

BLACKCHICKROCKED.BLOGSPOT.COM 





INTERESTING VIOLA DAVIS FACTOID:

At 7 years old Davis saw Cicely Tyson in the THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF MISS JANE PITTMAN and decided she wanted to be an actor. And now Cicely Tyson plays her mother in Shonda Rhimes  HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER








No comments:

Post a Comment