Thursday, February 8, 2018

EXPRESSING MY GRATITUDE TO THOSE WHO DENY THE EXISTENCE AND IMPACT OF COLORISM

A dark skinned black woman made a comment on twitter about how she was tried of seeing black love always being represented as light-skinned women and dark-skinned men.

Apparently she was seeing it a lot in real life which matches what Hollywood pumps out constantly.





https://www.facebook.com/ByJennRenee/photos/a.918027898332387.1073741828.677347789067067/1163861347082373/?type=3&comment_id=1164029037065604&notif_id=1516983910729444&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

It's amazing to me how exact light denials of colorism are to white denials of racism.

Every time I see something like the link above, I know I shouldn't just bitterly wild out over white supremacy because I know that black men and black women of all shades will defend colorism --THAT THEY DENY SEEING AT ALL -- and defend it to the d*mn death.

White people will jump up with "WE'RE ALL ONE RACE THE HUMAN RACE" to derail the conversation of race and racism

SAME AS

Light Women (and the men that love ONLY light women) will jump up and say, "WE'RE ALL BLACK and there's no difference in our experience due to skin-shade or proximity to whiteness. I have NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT....I'M BLACK TOO...WAAAAAAH!" 
Honestly...Any black or brown somebody who doesn't get colorism should never part their their lips at white people in regards to racism, no matter how ignorant they sound. Their minds set is EXACTLY THE SAME as the white racist and so are their defenses of the ridiculous. 

However, these colorism deny-ers keep me from ever thinking that white racists are just fundamentally inferior based on their DNA or something.

For so long as colorism and sexism deniers use the very same tactics as white supremacists, there is absolutely no chance I will ever feel like I am a part of a superior black race.

Sooo...


DEAR COLORISM DENY-ERS,




Thank you for keeping me so very grounded all these years.

* * * * *


PSSST!  I'm not so grateful for the grounding influence that I won't look for ways to ex-communicate you colorism deny-ers from blackness, regardless of skin shade. If I figure it out, you're gone

And should you all gather together in one spot for a meeting, don't tell me. The temptation will be too great. I will nuke the entire site from orbit. 





No comments:

Post a Comment