Sunday, March 18, 2018

THE ABORTION I HAD 10 YEARS LATER



Feeling Rebloggy

By Brittney M. Walker

Our first time having sex, wasn’t at all like the movies. It was a little awkward. We aren’t even sure if we are having sex. I’m not even sure if a quarter of his penis is in. Then he climaxes. He doesn’t know what happened. I’m not sure either.
A few weeks later, my period hasn’t come...
I don’t want to have a child, repeating the cycles that have plagued my family for decades. My mom had me at 20. Didn’t finish college at the time. My aunts have the same or similar stories. I am the eldest of the next generation. I can’t start us off like this. I have to graduate...


I convince him that we don’t want it. So I start to research abortions. But during that process, his position begins to change. Unable to hear his pleas, I soldier forward with my research, trying to abort it without going to the clinic... I want to miscarry before it has a heartbeat. Eventually, though, I make an appointment with Planned Parenthood...
The night before the appointment, we stay together, discussing our future, crying a bit, having sex. We figured out how to have sex by now. The following morning looks like we feel, dreary. He drives to the center, being supportive, but also mentioning the option to keep it....

This article likely doesn't begin or end the way you could assume it would.  I hope you'll give the whole thing a read. This article on abortion is as complicated as it should be...but usually isn't.

The only things I could have wished for was some discussion on 1) unwed fathers and their abdication of birth control responsibilities on the front side, and 2)  protecting self and setting boundaries on unacceptable behavior even when (especially when) you empathize with the unwed father's pain.  



READ MORE:http://www.curlynikki.com/2018/02/that-abortion-i-had-10-years-later.html

BLACKCHICKROCKED.BLOGSPOT.COM 

No comments:

Post a Comment