Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Loretta Lynch: Comey Never Raised Concerns To Me About Clinton Emails

Feeling Rebloggy
"Over almost two decades as a federal prosecutor I have aggressively prosecuted drug dealers, violent gangs, mobsters, and money launderers, upheld the civil rights of all Americans, and fought corruption all types — whether by elected officials from both sides of the aisle or within organizations like FIFA. Through it all I have never hesitated to make the hard decisions, guided by the Department of Justice’s core principles of integrity, independence and above all, always doing the right thing.
The Justice Department’s handling of the Clinton email investigation under my leadership was no exception. It was led by a team of non-partisan career prosecutors whose integrity cannot be overstated and whom I trusted to assess the facts and make a recommendation — one that I ultimately accepted because I thought the evidence and law warranted it.
Everyone who works for the Department of Justice has an obligation to protect the confidentiality and integrity of the work of the Department. That is why, at the critical early stages of this case, I followed the Department’s long-standing policy of neither confirming nor denying the fact of an ongoing investigation. This policy both predates my tenure in the Department and will live on long after the current debate is over. It neither misleads nor misinforms, but instead both protects investigations and guarantees equal treatment of those under scrutiny, whether well-known or unknown. Any suggestion that I invoked this bedrock policy for any other reason is simply false.
Throughout the process I did what I always do: rise above politics and uphold the law. At no time did I ever discuss any aspect of the investigation with anyone from the Clinton campaign or the DNC.
I have known James Comey almost 30 years. Throughout his time as Director we spoke regularly about some of the most sensitive issues in law enforcement and national security. If he had any concerns regarding the email investigation, classified or not, he had ample opportunities to raise them with me both privately and in meetings. He never did."
While I'm glad about anybody who makes Agent Evil Orange even slightly uncomfortable, James Comey has always struck me as very tall man-baby. 

The political wind blew him left then right and left in the run up to the 2016 election. He didn't give a single indication when interviewed that he had any particular suspicion about Hillary Clinton deliberately doing something nefarious with her e-mails. 

Furthermore, it became crystal clear to me that each government official creating their own security policy for their own e-mail instead of having a centralized I.T. section for the government who assigns secure servers and hardware was the real problem. 

Which server and phones to use should never have been an option that Hillary Clinton or Condeleeza Rice or Colin Powell or anybody else should have had. The I.T. section tells you what you're allowed to use and how and when.

I mean, can you name any large organization where the employees decide their own internet and e-mail security? 

Hillary Clinton's failure with her e-mail was a failure already in place before she was hired. And Comey had to have known that. 

It was bad enough he was politically pushed to investigate her the first time. It is inexcusable that he brought investigation of her e-mail to light a second time just before the election in 2016.

James Comey was probably provided the very last push Trump needed to get enough votes to become president. 

Loretta Lynch saying he never brought up any concerns about Clinton's e-mails seems to confirm many people's opinion that Hillary Clinton's e-mail was a political football, never a security risk.   

It seems to me James Comey either attempted to help the republican party get their man into the White House or he's incompetent when it comes to handling political maneuvering or he's spineless and blows in the wind. And, I'm inclined to believe it's the latter.   

No comments:

Post a Comment