Friday, June 8, 2018

Awesomely Luvvie: Self-Care is Mind Care

Feeling Rebloggy
This week has been rough. Two wealthy people, who seemed to have the world at their feet, pursued their dreams and were living their best lives, decided to take their own lives. Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain took their own lives, 3 days apart, rocking our world. I’m especially stunned about Bourdain....

Honestly, the biggest takeaway for me is that what is the point of success if we aren’t happy or whole?

I started going to therapy last year, because I realize that I was excelling at work and nothing else. My toolbox was sparse and I wanted to make sure I was putting as much effort into my well-being as I was putting into my business’ well-being.
Every week or every other week, I spend one hour in therapy.
I go to therapy to stay happy and whole.
I go to talk through random things with an objective 3rd party.
I go to therapy to make sure whatever baggage I have isn’t being carried into every room and every conversation I’m in.
I go to therapy because self-care is mind care.

EMOTIONAL HEALTH / MENTAL HEALTH
RESOURCES AT THE LINK



No comments:

Post a Comment