Thursday, December 3, 2015

MASS SHOOTINGS BY THE DOZEN

Feeling Rebloggy

"President Barack Obama released a statement on Saturday calling for gun control in the aftermath of the mass shooting at a Planned Parenthood center in Colorado Springs, Colorado, the day before. "

"This is not normal," Obama said. "We can't let it become normal."

He then called to curtail the "easy accessibility of weapons of war" for some people.

"If we truly care about this — if we're going to offer up our thoughts and prayers again, for God knows how many times, with a truly clean conscience — then we have to do something about the easy accessibility of weapons of war on our streets to people who have no business wielding them," Obama continued.
BusinessInsider.com




Don't be confused.  There have been two mass shootings within a few days of each other.

In the quote above, the president was  NOT TALKING ABOUT THE SHOOTING TODAY WHERE AT LEAST 14 ARE DEAD IN SAN BERNADINO AND AT LEAST ANOTHER 14 ARE INJURED. He was talking about last week's small mass shooting.

Small.  I think the Planned Parenthood Shooting could be called "small," don't you.  Or maybe not. I can't make up mind.  But I do think we need categories of mass shootings now, don't you?  "Only" three people were actually killed at Planned Parenthood last week.

And we do need "small," "medium" and "large," designations, right?  So long as we can't get personal weapons of mass destruction out of the hands of the average idiot that could lose their mind or lose their temper, we need to get our mass shootings organized. We need  something that's simple. And I think "small," "medium," and "large" should do it.
I just can't figure out if each category should only count the dead.


I mean, 4 dead and 1 injured is definitely a "small" mass shooting. That's intuitive. But is 6 dead and 30 injured still "small" if you're going to make your medium category start at 20? And if you make your "large" mass shooting start at 50 and end at 100, is 100 like a one person war? And what if two people shoot like a Columbine is it a war-war?

It's all so confusing.  But if we're going to just keep sitting here letting this happen, we might as well get organized so the history books get it down right. Rome wasn't built or destroyed in a day. We need the history books to let the world know what was happening here just before the end.

So if you come up with a solution to the dead versus injured categorizing problem, let me know.  We have to think of the children...in the future....that will need accurate history books.

In the meantime, lets just sit around and imagine exactly how those phone calls are going between all those praying white republicans and National Rifleman Association.
"Bob, what are you worried about?"one senator has surely said, "The NRA has nothing to worry about. Nothing. Know why?  Because exactly nothing was done after Sandy Hook. Those little white kids looked just like my own kids did when they were young. Nobody cares but a few whiney- b*tch- babies on the left  So what makes you think anything is gonna change now?  

We'll just throw throw a few selective stats out there in ether about black-on-black crime spilling over into white neighborhoods-- NEVER EVER mentioning white-on-white crime remaining above 84% always and forever--and we're gold again.

Bob! Stop yelling. And stop threatening to not fund my next campaign. You need me as much as I need you. So go have another beer and shoot at some targets or something. I got this. American white guys like us love imagining that they are going to get into a gun fight on the front lawn and defend their families.  We true Americans love victory so much that we love imaginary victories that never come to pass.

And Americans love violent over throw of imaginary criminals that never come too. And if white guys like us can imagine the criminals that coming for their poor defenseless white and children will be black, well our white brothers will buy two guns for each floor of their house! All we have to do is keep white folks believing that white people do not kill other white people to the tune of 84%.  Guns are here to stay, Bob.  It will never matter to our constituents how easy it is for someone that's lost their marbles to get a personalized weapon of mass destruction 

Stop yelling, Bob. I told you. I got this. Geez, you need to relax. Forget the beer. Go get some whiskey and shoot some cans off your kid's head or something."

I don't even know what happened during San Bernadino mass shooting. I got an e-mail while I was working. I didn't even go online to see what all the shooting was about.  I'm tired of mass shootings. I'm tired of gun control conversations that go nowhere.  And just like that senator talking to Daddy War Bucks Bob, I know what Sandy Hook means -- no gun control ever.

So I've decided I'll consume my mass shooting news in packs of 12. Right now news papers have their "mass shootings" starting in the small range where at least 4 people are dead. That might be some sort of FBI categorization. But I think I'm only going to limit my count to medium sized mass shootings, 10 being the cut off. 


But I still can't figure out if all 10 have to be dead or what?  Maybe, I'll think about it later. My head is spinning with disgust at this entire situation. 


MEANWHILE, IN RELATED NEWS




Read/Hear More REAL NEWS
Obama's Call For Gun Control (After Planned Parenthood Shooting) 
http://www.npr.org/2015/12/01/457920110/after-planned-parenthood-shooting-obama-again-calls-for-action-on-guns

Read/Hear More REAL NEWS
Obama's Call For Gun Control in February of 2013
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/13/politics/gun-emotions/

No comments:

Post a Comment