Saturday, July 11, 2015

Confederate Flag Lowered In South Carolina

There was a military like ceremony to take flag down. That's the first thing I saw in the video. So I was dismayed for a moment. I'd been hoping against hope that Bree Newsome would shimmy up that flag pole a second time, grab that flag, wave it to the crowd, then drop it straight down into a lake of fire!!!


But instead, there was a little military marching ceremony thing going on. And there was a huge crowd there to watch that symbol of hate be removed. I didn't know if the crowd was friend or foe until this huge screaming cheer went up as the flag slowly came down. They even chanted "U  S  A" over and over again, then sang a 1960s song to bid it good riddance.

All of this was especially gratifying since it came directly after a few weeks of watching itty-bitty crowds protest to keep that white terrorist flag in place.

But still...I wanted to see that flag burn.

I'm just greedy.

But at least I know I'm greedy.





No comments:

Post a Comment