Friday, November 27, 2015

ON DONALD TRUMPS IDEA FOR I.D.BADGES AND A DATABASE FOR MUSLIMS


Dear @realdonaldtrump,


My name is Marwa, and I am a Muslim. I heard you wanted us the start wearing ID badges, so I decided to choose one for myself. I am not 
easily identifiable as a ‪#‎Muslim‬ just by looking at me, so my new badge will let me display proudly who I am. I chose the peace sign because it represents my ‪#‎Islam‬.


-the same Islam that taught me to oppose 
‪#‎injustice‬ and yearn for ‪#‎unity‬. The one that taught me that killing one innocent life is equivalent to killing humanity. I heard you want to track us as well. Great! You can come with me on my Cancer Awareness walks at the local middle school, or you can follow me to work where it's my job to create happiness.


You can also see how my local mosque makes PB&J sandwiches for the homeless and hosts interfaith dinners where everyone is welcome. Maybe then you'll see that me being Muslim doesn't make me any less American than you are. Maybe if you walk in my footsteps, you can see that I am not any less human than you are.


Salaamu alaikum 
🏼 

‪#‎NOTINMYNAME‬


https://www.facebook.com/Marwi/posts/10153772348557360


More On Trumps Positionhttp://www.cnn.com/2015/11/21/politics/trump-muslims-surveillance/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment