Wednesday, April 6, 2016

BEYONCE TALKS FINDING POWER, FEMINISM, AND FORMATION

Feeling Rebloggy

Beyonce doesn't do interviews too often. It kinda leaves me wondering most of the time what this goal or that goal is, when I bother to wonder. Clutch Magazine observes that Beyonce is nothing if not a controller of her image. Therefore, I suppose it's intelligent to not spout off every 10 seconds (Somebody tell Kanye)



This interview though? Agree with all her statements in detail or not is bold.


POWER

In regards to discovering her own power, she talks about how her record label, back in 1998, under estimated her and the rest of Destiny's Child (didn't really care what they were doing or how-- implied) and allowed them creative control of songs and videos. Souns like the record label didn't know what they had until Destiny's Child was ruling the airwaves. 

FEMINISM
We need men and women to understand the double standards that still exist in this world and we need to have a real conversation so we can begin to make changes.

Ask anyone, man or woman, ‘Do you want your daughter to have 75 cents when she deserves $1?’ What do you think the answer should be? When we talk about equal rights, there are issues that face women disproportionately. That’s why I wanted to work with [the philanthropic organizations] Chime for Change and Global Citizen.


FORMATION (RACE)

My favorite quote:


"If celebrating my roots and culture during Black History Month made anyone uncomfortable, those feelings were there long before a video and long before me. I’m proud of what we created and I’m proud to be part of a conversation that is pushing things forward in a positive way."

No comments:

Post a Comment