Friday, June 2, 2017

GOOD, BETTER, BEST FOR SONEQUA MARTIN-GREEN

There were two, count them TWO black women that looked black on THE WALKING DEAD for at least four years. Sonequa Martin-Green was one of them. She died in the series in the Spring of 2017.

I was sad to see her leave one of my favorite series, THE WALKING DEAD, but I was okay with her leaving the show for two reasons:


1) Martin-Green's character "Sasha" died a heroes death usually reserved for white characters. She went down fighting over two episodes. 


2) I already knew Martin-Green had gotten her own starship in the new CBS series "Star Trek Discovery."

 


Sonequa Martin-Green will be the first African American woman to lead a Star Trek series. And it looks like she won't be the lone woman of color in this series either.

I can't wait to see it




BLACKCHICKROCKED.BLOGSPOT.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment