Sunday, May 17, 2015

Can She Get A Witness?:I DIDN'T CELEBRATE MOTHER'S DAY THIS YEAR

CTP said, 

"I didn't celebrate mothers day this year. 


I lost custody of my beautiful daughter that I have raised alone since birth for the past five years on May 2 ,2015. 


Why? 


After leaving her father who is also my abuser going on five years now, I was trapped in a cycle of poverty and a very corrupt family court system in ___. 


I left with my daughter to move back to my native home of Chicago and I can honestly say that my daughter and I are finally stable! I am working two jobs, active in my daughters school and the community and we have a blast together as mother and daughter. I am preparing to go back to college as well to give us a better life. 


Even though my daughter is still with me physically and I am still taking care of her, losing my rights on [p]aper to my pumpkin has been devastating. 


Many think you have to be a bad mom to lose custody but you don't. And the crazy things is, there IS a way to beat this and for the truth to come out but I have no support. I am going to continue to fight to keep my daughter and I [t]ogether and here in Chicago. Being forced into poverty scares me to death. In knowing all of this, that there is Another court date next month, it's tough to celebrate being a mother when you are about to lose everything again, but now it's my baby girl too. 


And for those of you who may read this."


____________________


Two-thirds of Americans believe that domestic violence is a serious problem, yet just more than 1 in 3 have ever talked about it. Allstate Foundation Purple Purse is making it fashionable to talk about domestic violence and the financial abuse that traps women in abusive relationships. The program ignites fundraising for more than 140 national, state and local domestic violence organizations. Funds raised will support life-changing financial empowerment services to help domestic violence survivors build safer lives for themselves and their families. Allstate Foundation Purple Purse aims to break the cycle of violence in our nation – one family at a time.

Domestic violence affects one in four women in her lifetime – that’s more women than breast cancer, ovarian cancer and lung cancer combined. Most people think only of physical abuse when they consider domestic violence, yet financial abuse happens in 98% of all cases of domestic violence2. Domestic violence and financial abuse often go hand-in-hand, but nearly 8 in 10 Americans have not heard about financial abuse as a form of domestic violence. The number one reason domestic violence survivors stay, leave or return to an abusive relationship is that they don’t have the financial resources to break free.

http://purplepurse.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment