Saturday, February 23, 2019

WHAT THE SMOLLETT HOAX TEACHES US ABOUT RACISM HOMOPHOBIA & HATE IN THE USA: NOTHING

feeling rebloggy
Like I said a few days ago. This is barely about Jussie anymore.There's not one good reason for black folks to ever trust the police's word for anything --especially any words coming from a police department that routinely protects its murderers and accessories to murder  (Rekia Boyd, Laquan McDonald).

When Rekia Boyd's murderer, Dante Servin, got processed through the system to freedom one article I read stated that he was the first murderer with a badge to go through the legal system in 17 years. 

Seventeen years!  As often as Chicago Police shoot people in defacto SERIOUSLY segregated Chicago!

So don't hold your breathe waiting for me to regret giving Jussie the benefit of the doubt. And I'm still kinda waiting for a Hail Mary. Kinda. (The CPD had so many leaks going during this case that, at 10 years of age, I could have lied myself an alibi no matter what I actually did. And Able & Ola, Jussie's reported accomplices to the hoax, are older than that.

You wanna know why I still want there to be a Hail Mary explanation? 

First of all, I don't want to believe any of my people can be as dumb as the Orange Menace in the White House. I mean, Jussie reportedly called Ola and Able (the brothers he reportedly paid to fake the beating) an hour before and after the crime? Really?
At 10 years of age, I could have done a better job of faking a hate crime. Maybe 8 years old. And all of this was supposed to get him a pay raise? How?

This is Agent Evil Orange level thinking.

Maybe I just don't want to believe there can be two high profile nitwits living in this country at the same dang time
 

* * * * *
FROM:  THE ROOT
Michael Harriott 
We should focus on what Smollett’s hoax teaches us about the racism, homophobia and hate in America:
     Nothing. 
     This was just the case of one nigga doing some dumb shit (allegedly). It doesn’t negate the proven fact that hate crimes are on the rise any more than a false rape report negates the fact that there are rapists who are walking free among us every day.
     And, when a woman, a gay person, or a black person tells me they are a victim of violence and hate, the absolute last person I tend to trust is white people or the police. I believe facts. If the Chicago Police Department told me fire was hot, I’d need to see more evidence.
     None of this means Trump supporters aren’t racist or that straight people aren’t homophobic. Two things can be simultaneously true. It is possible that Jussie Smollett lied about being attacked and gay and non-white people are under attack.
      America has inflicted so much violence on anyone who isn’t a straight white man that if you told me that a team of invisible white men teleported themselves to a black cookout, stole all the seasonings, emptied a box of California raisins into the potato salad, put a crust of breadcrumbs on the macaroni, poured La Croix in the Kool-Aid, and called you the n-word before teleporting themselves to safety, I wouldn’t automatically believe you ...
    But I’d listen
Read More: https://www.theroot.com/the-roots-clapback-mailbag-fairy-tales-for-wypipo-1832822738 

via GIPHY

* * * * * 
MOVING THIS BLOG SOON!
For updates, see facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BCALR/?

No comments:

Post a Comment