Saturday, September 9, 2017

US OPEN WINNER SLOANE STEPHENS IS THE COMEBACK KID OF THE YEAR

feeling rebloggy

Sloane Stephens Wins The US Open Title


Stephens, who grew up tough and has not always had an easy relationship with celebrity, matured during an 11-month lay-off following last year’s Olympics, and, after consoling her opponent in the immediate aftermath of her finest hour, said courtside, beaming: “I had surgery on 23 January and if someone had told me then I’d win the US Open, I’d say it was absolutely impossible. This journey has been incredible. Maddy’s my best friend on tour. For us to be here is a special moment. I told her I wished it would be a draw. I’m going to support her, no matter what. That’s what real friendship is.”
...Sloane Stephens was ranked 957th in the world six weeks ago, having only returned at Wimbledon after 11 months out with a foot injury


~GUARDIAN.COM

Read More:

No comments:

Post a Comment