Monday, June 25, 2018

JADA PINKETT-SMITH'S RED TABLE TALK FOR ALL WOMEN BUT FOR BLACK WOMEN

Jada Pinkett-Smith, her mother and her daughter have created a show where they basically record intimate conversations about love, divorce, getting along with ex-wives with children, body shame, and friendship. Most of the shows I've seen didn't have any guest at all. It was just Jada her daughter Willow and her mother Adrienne Banfield-Jones. 

They are doing the show from their home, which makes it feel even more like three women talking at the kitchen table. The only way I could feel more like I'm there with them is if one of them starts working on the other's hair while they talk.
I can't really describe how much I'm loving this show. But I feel more in touch with myself after each episode so far. They're only 15 to 20 minutes each. And they feel like an uplifting meditations on being a woman in 2018.For me these are the kinds of talks I wish I'd had with my mother and grandmother. There's a level of transparency that you just don't  really see too often in any sort of entertainment media and sometimes not in real life either -- not often enough. 


I really can't recommend RED TABLE TALK enough, especially for young black women. 

* * * * *
The only way for you to understand what RED TABLE TALK is --is to watch an episode for yourself. Find a link below. This particular episode on REBUILDING FRIENDSHIP is one of the first episodes I've seen with a guest star: Gabrielle Union

UP NEXT:
RED TABLE TALK EPISODE: WOMEN, FRIENDSHIPS, & REBUILDING FRIENDSHIPS

BLACKCHICKROCKED.BLOGSPOT.COM



No comments:

Post a Comment