Sunday, October 7, 2018

A BOY NOW A MAN CONFESSES: I WATCHED A RAPE

LOCATION: AT A PARTY IN 1969
The man who wrote this article doesn't remember where the rape happened, what time it was, or how he got home. He remembers his first sexual experience -- watching a rape through a window.
From The Washington Post
...At one point, a boy told several of us to go outside and look through a window into the basement because another boy, a football player, had taken a girl there. (There were far more boys than girls at this party.) When we peered through, we saw the girl passed out on a sofa, her feet facing us. As the boy approached her, he waved to us, smiling. He proceeded to remove her jeans and then her underwear. It was the first time I had seen a girl naked. He climbed on top of her and penetrated her. She immediately woke up and tried to fight him off. At this point, we all scattered in the yard. No one said anything. There was just nervous laughter... 
[When I was in college and heard of things
 like this happening to some nameless girl,
the boys, feeling guilty, always talked about how 
"she put herself in that position" 
by drinking too much
Eventually, we all went back into the house. I don’t remember anyone drinking, other than the girls. I did not drink anything. We must have gone into a bedroom, because the next thing I recall is standing with about 10 other boys around a bed on which a different girl had passed out. Everyone was touching her through her clothing. I placed my hand on her leg and quickly removed it. 
One boy kept turning the lights on and off. When they came on, everyone removed their hands from the girl’s body. In the dark, everyone put their hands back on her. Everyone would laugh. It was some kind of game, and we all seemed to understand the rules. This happened four times, and then we all left the room. I’m glad it didn’t go further... 
My boys are 19, 17 and 11 years old. What I teach them about the treatment of girls is simple: respect, respect, respect. If they witness something like I did, go to the authorities. This is no time to worry about being a snitch. I reminded them that I was the same age when I witnessed the rape; my very first vision of sexual contact was a rape. My sons agree I was a foolish, immature teenager....


~WAPO
Read More:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/i-watched-a-rape-for-five-decades-i-did-nothing/2018/10/05/f28d9cf8-c805-11e8-b2b5-79270f9cce17_story.html?utm_term=.d15da4f1bc12 

I've said it before. I'll say it again. This behavior was common as dirt for men a couple of decades back, and probably now too. And I assure you that upwards of 90% of the young men who did this haven't called themselves "rapist" even once. 

And while there might be some 20 year olds who don't believe that this was common for boys to either do it or witness it, every last one of those old mofo-s in congress (male and female) know perfectly damn well Christine Blasey Ford's memory is working just fine and that Kavanaugh did exactly what she said --- attempted rape.

BLACKCHICKROCKED.BLOGSPOT.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment