Wednesday, December 19, 2018

HAPPY 94th BIRTHDAY CICELY TYSON



I sat a few seats down from Cicely Tyson during an Alvin Ailey performance. (Yes. I am serious about my Alvin Ailey performances. I get good seats.)  She and eventually Danny Glover, stepped over us as they went out to the lobby during intermission. A friend, who cannot not be taken anywhere nice, had Danny Glover looking down at us strangely. 


Once he was out of earshot, Jesse sing-songed, "I touched his leg."  Oh my gawd. I was laughing hysterically as she followed up with, "Hard as a rock." I swear, I really didn't know what was going on when he gave us that look, but I digress.

I saw Cicely Tyson in THE TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL, with Blair Underwood, a decade later, She did this long, Long, LONG soliloquy. And she was in her late 80s if she was a day. I kept looking for the monitor that she must have been reading from at her age. I couldn't find it.  And I'm sure she wasn't -- she was looking left, right, down at her feet -- not at a monitor anywhere that I could see.  It seems to me that she had memorized this long, long speech that she had to give near the end of the play when she was in her late 80s. 


I couldn't remember that long a speech in my 20s. 


She's awesome.

She was born awesome

She will always be awesome.

Dear Lord, Please let her live forever. 


HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ms. TYSON.
She is currently playing Annalise Keatings Mother (Viola Davis, HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER)  


See more here:



Read More: 
https://www.emmys.com/news/cicely-tyson-rich-and-bountiful-life

BLACKCHICKROCKED.BLOGSPOT.COM


No comments:

Post a Comment