Wednesday, July 18, 2018

18 REASONS TO BE AWESOME ON YOUR OWN TERMS



Nietzche said, 

"The individual 
has always had to struggle 
to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. 

If you try it, 
you will be lonely often, 
and sometimes frightened.

But no price 
is too high to pay 
for the privilege of owning yourself."

Feeling Rebloggy
GG of All the Many Layers said
There was a time when I had it all wrong. I was an unhappy, confused adult for a long time because I was afraid to challenge the status quo. I compared myself to other people all the time and that's how I determined my self-worth.
I'd think, "Well, at least I'm better off than this person" or "I'll never have it all together like that person." In my mind, "having it all together" was the key to confidence and success and pretty, shiny things. No one could be more surprised than me to find out that the real key to having those things is authenticity.

This realization taught me that the best thing I could do for myself was to start openly acknowledge how much I don't have it all together. 
I started blogging about my clumsy journey towards authentic living... 
I put together a list of 18 compelling reasons to be shameless and uninhibited and passionate about living as authentically as possible.  
  • {2} To attract people in your life who love you for the real you.
  • {4} To inspire people around you to be themselves. 
  • {10}To free your mind up from limitations that aren't real.
~CURLYNIKKI 

Read the rest of the list and the rest of the article here: http://www.curlynikki.com/2013/04/18-reasons-to-be-awesome-on-your-own.html


No comments:

Post a Comment