Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Nnenna Stella's THE WRAP LIFE, A Black Owned Business


Sooo....

I have hands-in-hair disease really bad. I was just doing way too much to my hair all the time and I was causing mechanical breakage. Twisting every other night to make it look like something OR just to keep it stretched every time I moisturized it was for he birds.  

So I started looking for some head wraps I could wear as a protective style for the latter half of each week.

I found some on etsy. But some of them were so colorful, that I'd only wear them on the weekend.  Don't get me wrong. I love the colorful wraps too. I just don't need that to be the first thing people notice about me at work.

As I was searching thewrap.life popped up in my social media feed.  When I saw black models and  professional presentation, I instantly decided to give her a shot. 

Her website has a small boutique feel to it. And while she doesn't have the largest quantity of scarves I've ever seen, she has a better range of scarf types as far as patterns go.

She has wraps in solid colors, true African, geometric shapes, hand printed wraps and denim pattern wraps that go with anything. I ordered three wraps and I got them so fast, it was like she delivered them from next door.  

Now that I have them, of course I wish I'd ordered one of the brightest ones. 

I love her head wraps so far. The look and feel like they are good quality. And there are tutorial videos on how to wear them right on her site. She sells earrings there too

Check her out here. And that's not a typo. The domain she's using online is "life"

https://thewrap.life/

Give the video below a quick listen. She started up this business with a $300 investment and a sewing machine!




BLACKCHICKROCKED.BLOGSPOT.COM

Coming Up Next: Quickie Hair Wrap Tutorials


No comments:

Post a Comment